Sunday, May 14, 2006

What a Weekend!!

On Friday I went to a poker party at my friend Michelle's house. I did not partake in any poker because 1) I had no money, and 2)I like to keep the money that I have(seeing as how I am between jobs). Anyway, I somehow got swept up in a heartpounding game of fooseball with my friend Jess. The best part was that we both sucked equally. My friend Emily jokingly pointed out that she had never seen a ball actually stop on the game board. It was actually the most entertaining game of fooseball I had ever played. Usually people are so much better than me that they railroad me at the beginning and are done with it. Not this time, my friend. We were screaming and talking to the fooseball and dancing and falling over laughing. I hope I never get any better. HAHAHA.

Saturday was interesting. I had this gift certificate to this tanning place over in Cocoa Beach that I had won on the radio. It was for $40. Yeah, I don't tan in beds so I went there and started looking at all their non-tanning items which were few. I ended up getting two candles and a bag to hold my yoga/exercise mat in. The lady was laughing at me when I was going through and smelling all the candles, but hey, you can't have stinky candles. And they had a lot of stinky candles. A. Lot.

After the whole tanning store excitement, I went and hung out at Macys for a bit because 1) I have a gift certificate to them as well and 2) I was killing time before meeting a group of theatre folk at the Olive Garden. The dressing room at Macys was just weird. The doors have diagonal slats in them and you can pretty much see right in them when people are dressing. There are signs everywhere that say the dressing room is being monitored for theft and whatever, but doesn't looking at people while they try on clothes go against some sort of amendment or something? Very odd indeed.

It is finally time to head over to the OG and so I do and I get one of those black discs that secures my name on the waitlist. Now when I'm meeting people I am always on time. Maybe not when I'm going to work, but definitely when I'm meeting people. We had said for everyone to meet at 5:45. I was there at 5:25. AT 5:45 There were only 5 out of the 9 people that were supposed to be there and I was HUNGRY. Come on people!! It turns out one person was just getting off of work, two people had gone to the wrong OG, and another person was taking 40+ minutes to drive somewhere that should've taken around 25 minutes max. Anyway, we order we order we order we eat we eat we eat and then we drive we drive we drive to the theatre to watch this British comedy that might've been a total loss except there were some quirky characters thrown into the mix that saved the day.

So this should answer the question, "What did Tina do all weekend?" because I know you were waiting by your computers for me to post this.

1 Comments:

At 8:01 PM , Blogger Brandon said...

It's important to be on time when you are meeting people for dinner. I hate waiting on Slowy McButtdragger when I am hungry.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home