Saturday, August 19, 2006

Best list ever!

I was looking up the terminology for a fear of snakes(Ophidiophobia) and stumbled across this list

Apparently I'm not the only one who is afraid of precipices. I definitely have this one:

Decidophobia- Fear of making decisions.

Might as well list some more of what makes me tick(I guess so everybody can use this against me in the future?)

Arachnephobia or Arachnophobia- Fear of spiders.
Ergophobia- Fear of work.
Hemophobia or Hemaphobia or Hematophobia- Fear of blood.
Kakorrhaphiophobia- Fear of failure or defeat.
Mycophobia- Fear or aversion to mushrooms.
Nucleomituphobia- Fear of nuclear weapons.
Obesophobia- Fear of gaining weight.(Pocrescophobia)
Ophidiophobia- Fear of snakes. (Snakephobia)
Ophthalmophobia- Fear of being stared at.
Politicophobia- Fear or abnormal dislike of politicians.
Pteromerhanophobia- Fear of flying.
Pupaphobia - Fear of puppets.(only puppets of the Fraggle Rock persuasion)
Selachophobia- Fear of sharks.
Spermatophobia or Spermophobia- Fear of germs.
Stenophobia- Fear of narrow things or places.
Testophobia- Fear of taking tests.
Xanthophobia- Fear of the color yellow or the word yellow.

and here's the kicker:

Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia- Fear of long words.

now for the icing on the cake

Phobophobia- Fear of phobias.

I guess I'm a nutjob. Oh well, Was there ever any doubt?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home