Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Life

Anybody out there?

I auditioned for a play on Monday. It was kind of on a whim. I thought it would be a great part for me. Well, actually, the part, is me. If you read the script, the character talks how I would talk. I had no trouble identifying with her at all. So I go to the audition, and it's only me and one other girl my age and there are 2 women parts for that age range. We both ended up reading for each part, back-to-back in a who's better show-down. She read amazingly well for the slightly older more serious role, while I felt I had the sarcastic, tough girl part down pat. Well, I got the call and was offered the tough girl role, so I'm hoping she got the other part so we can totally blow this show out of the water. Now I'm not cocky but I just think I really connect with this character and am looking forward to bringing something real to the part. Can't wait.

Now of course, when it rains it pours. The day after I auditioned for this role I received a callback from a diferent theatre saying they wanted me to come back for a specific part. Thankfully this show isn't til April so I would be able to do both. Plus, the second gig is paid. How can I go wrong?

:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home