Friday, October 07, 2005

Jujubes

whoa. I have never had these crazy little candies before in my life. I picked up a box at CVS and decided to test them out. DANG. That is a major workout for your jaw. I thought my jaw was going to come unhinged and I would be left with a jaw that flaps in the wind. The term slack-jawed comes to mind. And I have gobs of JUJUBES stuck in every crevasse(how do you spell that crazy word?) of my mouth. NOw I'm making really goofy faces trying to remove the pieces of JUJUBES from my mouth. I've never worked this hard to eat anything in my life. You have been warned.

8 Comments:

At 4:25 PM , Blogger Unemployed Squid said...

I think you should try their cousins, Jujufruit - they still get stuck in your teeth but they're bigger, easier to fish out chunks. Yum! Carnuba wax!

 
At 6:02 PM , Blogger Justin DLC said...

Isn't there a Seinfeld episode about those (might have been JujyFruits)? I believe it was Elaine who was complaining about them.

Mike 'n' Ikes are where it's at.

 
At 8:17 PM , Blogger Tina said...

I was totally thinking about the Seinfeld episode. I think it was because she stopped to get them before going to the hospital to check on someone who just got hurt and he said, "you heard that I was in the hospital and you stopped to get JUJUBES!!!" HAHAHA. It all started coming back to me when I began typing. Ha

 
At 8:26 PM , Blogger Tina said...

I remember more. I think it was the one about the mimbo. The male bimbo. and he fell off a mountain while rock climbing. And his face was all bandaged. Or maybe I'm combining to completely different episodes.

 
At 8:28 PM , Blogger Tina said...

and maybe I like to spell Two without the w. ever think of that?

 
At 1:15 AM , Blogger Jess said...

Yes that is the episode, however, don't forget the Junior Mint episode as well.

 
At 7:19 AM , Blogger Tina said...

How could I forget about the junior mint. "Their very refreshing!"

 
At 5:29 AM , Blogger Brandon said...

I can't believe you ain't never had Jujubes before. That is definitely a relic left over from the 50's when they thought stuff like that tasted good. That, and Tootsie Rolls, and Charleston Chews, and black licorice ... the list goes on.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home