Thursday, January 18, 2007

I should have saved the fish

I was walking the causeway with my friends Emily and Lisa when I noticed a fish lying on the concrete. It was still breathing so our first reaction was to toss it back into the ocean. I bent down to try to get a hold of it and it flopped all over the place. Just as I was about to grab it this girl yells from about 20 ft away, "That's my fish! I just caught it!" so I left it alone, apologized, and kept walking. Now after this happened I kept thinking how easy it would have been to pick up the fish and toss it into the ocean anyway, thereby saving its life. But no, I had to walk away and leave the poor floppy fish to be used as bait to catch a bigger fish. Sadness. I hope it flopped its way back in before she got to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home