Monday, October 06, 2008

5k




This was awesome. I'm so glad that I got to experience this and consequently become addicted to it. All of the runners are so supportive of each other. It's really quite refreshing to see the fast runners waiting at the finish line and clapping and cheering everyone on, up to the last 3 runners, who at this point were speed-walking.

I think my parents really enjoyed the experience as well. my dad got to experiment with his new fancy camera and my mom got to cheer on the 87 year old woman who she was just in awe of. Very good day indeed.

So now I am on to the next goal. I'm thinking I may go for a 10k now sometime in November or December since my big race(half-marathon) isn't until February. I think it would be a good idea, that's for sure.

1 Comments:

At 11:22 AM , Blogger Justin DLC said...

Man, my camera broke.

Congrats on the race. Very cool. 10K sounds killer. The K probably stands for "killer." And then you listen to The Killers as you run.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home