Sunday, April 29, 2007

Nash-Vegas

The trip is going well. I auditioned for an improv troupe yesterday and that was a blast. I forgot how much fun improv could be when people aren't jerks. The people were all super nice and it was all very supportive and fun. I'll know by Tuesday if I get into either troupe. They have a short form(ala Whose Line is it Anyways) or long form(improvised one acts, etc) troupe so they can decide if I fit in to either one. Very exciting stuff.

I got to check out downtown Nashville yesterday as well. It was a fun atmosphere with all the honky tonks and karaoke streaming out into the streets. I was on a mission to find Elvis underwear for my friend(I don't know if it exists but that's what she asked for) so I dragged my brother into every cheesy tourist shop and the closest thing I found was a potholder with a picture of Elvis and a recipe for his peanut butter and banana sandwiches. How could you not love that?

I checked out a few apartments here and found a couple of nice reasonably priced ones, which is good. I think I'll probably look a bit more tomorrow, maybe for something closer to downtown.

Maybe I should buy some really tacky cowboy boots, like turquoise, and wear them on the plane ride home. I bet when my parents came to pick me up, my mom would love them. HAHA. I do kind of want some sort of Johnny Cash memorabilia since I'm on this whole "Walk the Line" high lately.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home