Thursday, March 22, 2007

Girls Night Out

I am awfully glad I participated in this event. I usually skip these outings because I'm not a drinker and it's a little out of my element. Well tonight, I decided to just go and not worry about it and I went to this pasta restaurant with about 12 other girls and ended up having a really good time exchanging funny stories and memories from the past. Most of the memories were from previous shows we had all been a part of and one in particular keeps haunting me to this day. Actually I really don't care when it's brought up but I think it's funny that 6 years after it happened it's still being talked about. It's about me and it includes me falling down the stairs during a performance of Anything Goes. Well, apparently, that's not the most entertaining part of the story. No. It's the fact that after about 15 seconds of pin-drop silence I got up and curtsied. The great part was that the curtsy totally went with the whole ditsy aspect of the character. I think at the time though, I had no idea what I was doing. I just know that I fell down after I had tried to grab a railing to stabilize myself because the railing itself was not stable. I almost took out two other people on the way down, and it felt like I was sitting on the ground in shock for what seemed like an eternity before I finally got up and did the only thing I could think of. Now when you ask witnesses they say that everything happened really fast and I was up and grinning like an idiot before you had much time to think aout anything. Well, I like when other people tell the story because they mke me look good, or better than I had imagined it went. Ahhh, the theatre!

1 Comments:

At 10:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home