Friday, August 05, 2005

Dilemma

Here's the situation. I found out that Surfside Playhouse is producing this really cool musical called Urinetown and auditions are in two weeks. Now the only problem is that I work at a community theatre and my work is varied and usually involves nights and weekends and let's just say it is not condusive to doing musicals, unless the musicals are at work and even then it is a pain in the booty. But I really really really really want to try out. Is that selfish of me? I think I would have a blast in this musical because the songs that I've heard from the show are really upbeat large cast numbers. So basically I'm trying to figure out a way to tell my work that I really really really want to try out. Really. Maybe I could wittle my hours down to like 20 hours a week and just be really really poor for a few months. I don't know!! Or I could just go the show and try out and worry about it after I get cast but I think that would be the most stress filled way and wouldn't be nice for work to find out that way. Anyway, if you want to find out more about the musical, the website is www.urinetown.com. I really wish they had a synopsis of the show on there but there is some other cool stuff like song bits and what-not. Basically the show is about a town that outlawed toilets. I'm trying to find out more about it somewhere. If you find out the synopsis, then please let me know!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home